Get The Guidance & Support You Need CONTACT ME TODAY

Birth Injuries

Orlando Birth Injury Lawyer

Birth injuries involve damage caused by a doctor, hospital, or midwife during the birth of a child. In most states, birth injury lawsuits are handled by filing a medical malpractice claim. In the state of Florida, however, a special program, the Florida Birth-Related Neurological Injury Compensation Act (NICA), has been adopted to compensate children who suffered an injury during any stage of the birthing process. The special benefit of this program is that the baby's family does not have to prove that the injuries were caused by a medical physician or the hospital. The downside, however, is that NICA cases often result in less compensation than the recovery from a medical malpractice lawsuit.

Pursuing Just Compensation in Florida

During this difficult time, you will likely need answers and legal counsel from an experienced and knowledgeable Orlando trial lawyer. I am John W. Dill, Esquire and I have more than 25 years of legal experience, including being a board-certified civil trial attorney for more than fifteen years. I have an in-depth understanding of birth injury cases and I am devoted to fighting for just compensation on behalf of my clients. Under Florida Statute § 766.302, parents of children who are injured during birth must file a petition with the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings to learn whether they are eligible to pursue compensation.

Don't Face Your Legal Situation Alone

Types of Birth Injuries

Some of the birth injury cases that I handle include:

  • Brain damage

  • Cerebral palsy

  • Shoulder dystocia

  • Erb's palsy

  • Spinal cord injury

Birth injuries can take place before, during, or immediately after the infant's birth. I can help you understand your options and determine what steps you should take to obtain maximum compensation. If your child has sustained a traumatic birth injury, whether it was the physician's fault or not, I can help you fight for your rights. Take action today to obtain the representation you need. Contact me at once.